Thursday, July 31, 2008

A blast from way back...

We're staying near Bryson City with Jen and Derek, great friends from when I was living in Boyne City building boats for Van Dam Woodcraft, working at the Red Mesa Grill and Dave's Boot Shop (Dave and Lynne's awesome old fashioned low-tech high-end footwear shop in Petoskey - proof that you don't need a website to have a thriving business). Derek, Jen and I've been reminiscing about cardboard sled races, donkey basketball, Jen vacuuming the front yard, Derek and me scaring the pants off of trick-or-treaters, kicking the hack during breaks at the boat shop and walking for ice cream at the DQ. I realized what a bummer it was that we get together once a year and talk about all the old great memories and that we're not together enough anymore to create as many more funny stories as we'd like - especially some new ones that include Stephanie. Life moves wicked fast, friends.

Here are some shots from the olden days: Derek and me sanding. Sometimes we would spend several 10-hour days in a row doing nothing but sanding. Oy. Notice Derek using the Bosch 1293D half-sheet sander. I tried to teach him how to use it properly and he gives me a hard time for it every time we see each other...





Here's me with my pet monkey, Derek while we were rolling his boat:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must re-evaluate aspects of your persona I'd already characterized. Henceforth I will never refer to you as having rough edges and will definitely add the true grit pseudonym. Further deponet sayeth not.