Saturday, July 5, 2008

our first year anniversary





On our first anniversary, we saw the most incredibly powerful waterfall that I've ever seen, as well as a grove of old growth trees that have been standing for over 1,000 years. In the midst of all that longevity, Tim and I relearned a little something about the constant compromise that marriage is. Somewhere along the way, it seems that we got surprised that we are always compromising and wondered why that was. We shared a good laugh when we realized that perhaps we'd just forgotten for a little bit what exactly it is that we're doing by sharing one life together.

3 comments:

sarah b. said...

oh so sweet! Happy Anniversary. -SBE

Jason Elkins said...

Hey! I sat with the kids this Sunday morning and showed them your pictures. They were pretty interested in the bear pictures, and why Tim's beard was so long. They asked a couple of questions about why you don't have a house and I got an "Oh My God" when I told them you were living in a van, driving around the country. Logan said "they don't have any money?" :-)

I told him that you had plenty of money but didn't want to live just like everyone else. They are looking forward to seeing you and so are Shelli and I! Happy anniversary by the way! I'm reading a great book called "The Shack" that reminded me of the wonderful statement that Stephanie made about people working together.

Sounds like your trip is turning into some wonderful discovery!

Thanks for the amazing pictures. We all miss you.

Love,
Jason, Kianna, Logan and Shelli.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you two are having quite the adventure!

mooooo ;)

-- Bob Anderson